+1 to the PNW Unicorn Tracker 🦄
The PNW got its newest unicorn last week, as Qumulo raised a $125M Series E at a $1.2B valuation! This is the 37th startup (according to The DL’s unicorn tracker) to reach a $1B+ valuation in the PNW.
- Qumulo helps customers manage file-based data in multi-cloud environments
- Qumulo manages 150B+ files, and the average Qumulo customer generates more than a petabyte of data (that’s 13 years of HD movies)
- Historically, customers managed file data with proprietary hardware, but Qumulo’s software allows them to build and manage their file data-intensive apps in both their own data centers and the public cloud
- Qumulo’s customers include IMHE, Shell, Hyundai, Capsilon, Progenity, Vexcel and Cinesite
- BlackRock led this funding round, with participation from Madrona, Highland, Kleiner Perkins, and Amity Ventures
Congrats to the team at Qumulo!