🎓 2019 Techstars Alexa Accelerator companies
Last week was demo day for the Alexa Accelerator. Techstars runs programs around the country with different groups like the Air Force, Comcast, Western Union, etc, and this one is a partnership with Alexa focused on voice and ML technology startups.
Here’s a quick rundown of the graduating startups. If I had to name one common theme across all of them, it’s the idea of making people and companies more productive through conversational interfaces:
- 🛒 Anycart - one-click orders for groceries based on recipes (check out the demo here)
- 👩⚕️ Ejenta - remote patient care for health providers (Youtube video with product demos)
- 🎧 Ex-IQ - convert digital documents into audiobooks (product video here)
- 🎮 Midgame - voice-enabled AI companion for gamers (try the live demo in their Discord)
- 📹 nFlux - video analytics platform (demo videos on their site)
- 📋 Togethar - analytics for customer feedback data (unfortunately, no demo online yet)
- 📊 VoiceHero - analytics platform for voice apps (case study for optimizing an Alexa skill)
- ✏️ Yourika - AI-powered tutors for students (video demo of their product)
For more detailed info on each startup (including traction, founder backgrounds, and customer/advisor references), check out Taylor Soper’s excellent recap on Geekwire.