July 2019 Venture Deals
September 24, 2019
Here’s a roundup of PNW startups that announced new fundraising rounds in the month of July. Looks like VCs weren’t on vacation just quite yet!
Series B and Later Rounds 🚀
- Remitly - payments service for international remittances - $135M Series E led by Generation
- Icertis - enterprise contract management platform - $115M Series E led by Greycroft and Premji Invest
- Amperity - customer data management platform (Madrona company!) - $50M Series C led by Tiger Global
- Clinicient - EMR and billing software for therapists - $17.25M Series D
- vCita - small business management software - $15M round led by Forestay
- Balena - platform for managing fleets of IoT devices - $14.4M Series B led by OpenView
- Sterifre Medical - products for sterilizing healthcare devices- $8M Series B
Series A Rounds 🛫
- AppViewX - network infrastructure automation and orchestration - $30M Series A led by Brighton Park
- Rival Technologies - conversational surveys for market research - $6.5M round
- Deako - smart lighting products for homebuilders - $3.5M round led by Columbia Pacific
Seed Rounds 🌱
- Lexion - intelligent contract management platform - $4.2M seed round led by Madrona (!)
- Genneve - telemedicine service for menopause - $4M seed round led by BlueRun
- Edge Delta - distributed analytics platform for DevOps - $3M seed round led by MaC VC and Amity Ventures
- Krowdsourced - database for commercial construction products - $1.2M seed round led by Rogue
- WattBuy - electricity marketplace for consumers - $1.2M seed round led by Powerhouse Ventures
- Lamda - stealth analytics company - $1M seed round
A few observations from me on this list:
- There is a great diversity of VCs investing in Seattle startups, from seed deals to $100M+ later stage rounds.
- It also looks like certain investors are honing in on the PNW market. In the last three months, Tiger Global has invested in four local startups: Flexe, Karat, Zenoti, and Amperity.
- There are a lot of “management platforms.” Companies that automate repetitive, time-consuming, or difficult processes to allow customers to focus on their core businesses are becoming very valuable.