The DL's 20 Slides on 2020
If you want to get caught up on what happened in the PNW startup and tech markets last year, here’s my 20 slide summary of what happened in 2020. Some of the highlights:
- We saw 20-25% fewer deals than previous years because of COVID, but Series A valuations still went up
- There are 100+ VCs who have invested in 5 or more PNW startup deals over the last 5 years
- Last year, the aggregate value of all PNW startups was $37B
- The PNW minted more unicorns (10) last year than the first six years of the decade, combined
- The total market cap of PNW companies that went public last year is $34B
… and a lot more in the full slide deck here!